Don’t miss Illinois NAELA’s Spring Unprogram! This course has been approved for 6.25 general MCLE hours. We’re pleased to welcome back Kathy Butcher and Steven Milburn from the OIG to share their knowledge regarding Medicaid policy. We’re also excited to share that we’ve secured presenters from DHS (thank you to James Siebert for helping coordinate this!). DHS has requested that we submit questions/concerns to them beforehand so that they can address those during their presentation. Therefore, we’re reaching out to our members for questions. Please submit any questions/issues that you would like addressed by DHS through your registration for the program.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone!
HOTEL RESERVATION: To make your reservations, please contact us at 877-803-7534 or click here to find contact information by Region.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Welcome & Introduction, Presentation from Sponsors
Update from the Department of Human Services: Yolanda Lampkin-Diming
20 Minute Break
Update from the Office of the Inspector General: Kathy Butcher & Steve Milburn
Legislative Update from Tony Abboud
Breakout Sessions1. Medicaid Applications & the MEDI system - Melissa Kallio2. Special Needs Planning and ABLE Accounts - Leonard Berg3. Facility Contracts & Resident’s Rights - Heather Voorn
1. Medicare & the Bundled Payment system -Linda Strohschein
2. Irrevocable Trusts: Drafting, Administration, and Reformation
- Anthony Ferraro
3. Civil Remedies for Elder Abuse - Dawn Weekly
15 Minute Break
1. Medicaid Planning for Spouses: Protecting the Community Spouse - James Siebert
2. Estate & Lifecare Planning: Tips & Tricks - Leonard Berg
3. Guardianships & Drafting Orders for Limited Guardianships
– Wendy Cappelletto