Don’t miss Illinois NAELA’s Fall Unprogram! This course anticipates approval for 6.25 general MCLE hours.We’re looking forward to seeing everyone!
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Welcome & Introduction, Presentation from Sponsors
Presentation from Debbie Verschelde (Executive Director of Age Care Options) and Liz Rivera (APS Supervisor): Overview of APS and update on the newly created Elder Abuse Task Force.
20 Minute Break
1. Medicaid Pending Issues and Provisional Eligibility
2. New POMS re: Attorneys Fees & Drafting Special Needs Trusts
3. Residents' Rights & Facility Contracts
Break - pick up lunch
Legislative Update from Tony Abboud
Presentation from Scott Kozlow from the ARDC
15 Minute Break
Breakout Sessions1. Medicaid Planning for Spouses, Pre and Post Eligibility
2. Deciphering Notices of Decision
3. Medicaid Crisis Planning Techniques: Tips, Tricks and Fixes
Breakout Sessions1. The New Illinois Trust Code2. Irrevocable Trusts and Pre-Planning for Long-term Care3. Litigating Contested Guardianship & Decedents Estates